Glenorchy Village Sign, 1991
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The welcome sign to the village of Glenorchy. Glenorchy is at the west end of Burnhamthorpe Road West, where it meets Fourth Line, on the east side of the Sixteen Mile Creek.
This sign was painted by Charles Askin. Charlie also operated the restaurant on Dundas Street near the 4th Line. He was a relative of Emma Jane Askin who was a daughter of Eleazer Askin and Charlotte Elizabeth Warren.
- Please note that "Glenorchy" was also spelled "Glenorky" at times - by the Milton newspaper, The Canadian Champion and the Oakville Independent Star in the 1930's and 1940's, and by the Acton Free Press in 1925, for example.
- Welcome to Glenorchy. Population 18. Est. 1837
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
- Personal Name(s)
- Charles Askin. Emma Jane Askin. Eleazer Askin. Charlotte Elizabeth Warren.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.48341 Longitude: -79.76633
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Glenorchy Village Sign, 1991
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton