Letter to Captain Marlatt from the Prisoners of War Department, August 15th, 1916.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Dear Sir
Your letter and enclosure to Lady Drummond have been handed to me as it is this department that have charge of the Canadian Prisoners of War.
I am enclosing receipt with many thanks for 4 (pounds). I hope it will be in accordance with your wishes if we send four parcels of 1 (pound) each to Sjt. J. Randall 109561, asking him to distribute the contents amongst the men of the 4th CMR in the Hospital with him at Stuttgart. There are quite a number of men of that Battalion in that particular hospital. They will be asked to acknowledge receipt direct to you.
This was sent the day before the battalion moved to “the Bluff” on the front line near Ypres.
- Date of Original
- Personal Name(s)
- Kenneth D. Marlatt, J. Randall
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4473682625124 Longitude: -79.6665048808289
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Letter to Captain Marlatt from the Prisoners of War Department, August 15th, 1916
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton