1934 Blueprints for Trafalgar S.S. No. 12, the Ninth Line Public School, now Maple Grove
- Media Type
- This record has 7 architectural blueprints for the Trafalgar public school, S.S. No. 12, done in 1934 by the firm of Molesworth West & Secord of Toronto.
Main record image: TTGEL000965e Sketch Illustrating the Screened Box and Stone Sink and Filler with Screened Box Intake.
Blueprints in descending order:
TTGEL000965a: Protection of Outlet with stone abutment, open ditch, outlet pipe with crossrods "as protection against Muskrats etc."
TTGEL000965b: Protection of Outlet with open ditch, corrugated metal pipe or gas pipe or wooden box
TTGEL000965d: Section of Double Catch Basin, Figure 1.
TTGEL000965f: full size blueprint sheet: Ground floor and basement with future extension.
TTGEL000965g: external building facades.
Thomas R. Lyon was the Ninth Line school custodian and these blueprints have survived because of his care and that of his family. Some of the school teachers boarded with the Lyon family.
Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdiction, The old one or two room School Section schools were closed as multi-roomed modern schools were built. Maple Grove contains both the former S.S. No. 12 building as well as the "modern" addition stretching out to the right. You can see this in the linked TTHS image of this school taken in the 1960's.
The Maple Grove Public School website has the history of the school, including building remodelling dates. Linked on the right side of this page for your further information.
- Because of the the blueprint colours, the "sketches" are hard to see. Therefore, only the small one of the Sketch Illustrating the Screened Box and Stone Sink and Filler with Screened Box Intake shows as a photograph on the main record page. This one shows you what the others look like.
The others are in "Document pdf" format which makes them easier to view - although they are slower to load.
Staples copied them as pdfs which allows the detail to be as visible as possible but unfortunately, does not allow the 2 large images to be horizontal for proper viewing.
- Sketch 9th Line School Trafalgar Twp. Date: 23 May 34. File: 790 Drawing 2 Molesworth West & Secord Architects Toront. Handwrittten S.S. 12
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4735343242257 Longitude: -79.6507549494935
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 1934 Blueprints for Trafalgar S.S. No. 12, the Ninth Line Public School, now Maple Grove
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton