Results

We found
62
matching items
Contributors
Oakville Historical Society
  
  • Gregory Theatre
        Owned and operated by R.L Gregory. Present site of Canada Trust. See 796-798.; Corner Colborne (=Lakeshore) and Dundas.; Entrance to theatre and telephone booth on Colborne.
      Owned and operated by R.L Gregory. Present site of Canada Trust. See ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Commins Music Hall
        1894 - built by Commins (photographer). 1898 - burned to ground in 1898. Some programs: Pauline Johnson: Recitations, "The Rivals", Sheridan. "Mrs. Jailey's Waxworks. "Ten nights in a Bar Room".See 'Beautiful Oakville-1897'. Oversize negative and 2 oversize reproductions. See 5805.; North East corner Trafalgar (Dundas and Colborne Streets); Elaborate double-towered ...
      1894 - built by Commins (photographer). 1898 - burned to ground in ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Calithumpian Parade
        Calithumpian Parade, early 1900's. Oversize negative. Original in possession of Aggie Balmer. See 75.; At South side of Colborne at George Street; Gulledge's boots, shoes and harness store.
      Calithumpian Parade, early 1900's. Oversize negative. Original in possession of Aggie Balmer. ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Orangemen's Parade
        Large cedar arch with photograph Queen Victoria in centre. Queen's Jubilee. See 354.; Haynes Station Hotel, Oakville Railway Station; Station Hotel on left demolished circa 1930; Bandsmen in uniform and citizens
      Large cedar arch with photograph Queen Victoria in centre. Queen's Jubilee. See ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Temperance Hall
        In original shape before alterations. Built by Justus Williams and Thomas Leach - 1st Hall erected for the Temperance Society Reformation Society. 1840's - used for Methodist Church services. 1850's - Meeting place for Township Council. 1852 Exhibitions of Oakville Agricultural Association, 1970 - demolished. See 98, 165, 5742, 5824; ...
      In original shape before alterations. Built by Justus Williams and Thomas Leach ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Oakville House Hotel
        Proprietor Murray H.Williams. From 'Beautiful Oakville'; 125 Lakeshore Road.; Hotel on corner; Several with 2 wagon buses.
      Proprietor Murray H.Williams. From 'Beautiful Oakville'; 125 Lakeshore Road.; Hotel on corner; ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Royal Exchange Hotel
        See 48, 102, 1254.1, 1259-1263, etc.; Front of Royal Exchange Hotel; Hillmer family in carriages, with goat and 2 cows.
      See 48, 102, 1254.1, 1259-1263, etc.; Front of Royal Exchange Hotel; Hillmer ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Queen's Hotel
        Proprietor William Wynne. Headquarters for horsemen and bicyclists. See "Oakville & the Sixteen" under Victoria House-.; North West corner Colborne and Dunn Streets; Queen's Hotel; various with with horse and carriages. See Beautiful Oakville
      Proprietor William Wynne. Headquarters for horsemen and bicyclists. See "Oakville & the ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Shorewood Estate
        ...
      ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Edgemere
        Original. John Gairdner Est. Donor: Mrs.H.S.Ryrie. See 616-648.; 1502 Lakeshore Road East; Sideview of house.
      Original. John Gairdner Est. Donor: Mrs.H.S.Ryrie. See 616-648.; 1502 Lakeshore Road East; ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Home of Mr. and Mrs. Wilfred M. Cox, July 1, 1931
        Mr. & Mrs. Wilfred M.Cox res. July 1, 1931. Guests: Mr.& Mrs. W.M.Copeland, Mrs. Jas.A. Gairdner, Mrs. H.W.E.Kepler, Walter Harland Smith. Donor: Mrs. Irene Wall. Loc.Box #7.; House with 4 horse drawn carriage.; Friends listed on back of photogr.
      Mr. & Mrs. Wilfred M.Cox res. July 1, 1931. Guests: Mr.& Mrs. ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Burden estate.
        Orig.Mr. & Mrs. Henry Burden estate. Mounted photogr. By 'Corlis Toronto.' See 5928-5940. Donor: Doreen Funnell. Map Cab.Drawer #5.; Lakeshore Rd. E. now Raymar Estate.; Curved drive to house, lamp post.
      Orig.Mr. & Mrs. Henry Burden estate. Mounted photogr. By 'Corlis Toronto.' See ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Doty's Carriage Spring & Axle Works.
        John Doty's Carriage Spring & Axle Works, Oakville, Ontario. Advertisement. Copy courtesy of George Buzzard. Framed with 126. See 84, 99, 125/6, 693, 780, 819,; North West corner Colborne and Forsythe, 16 Mile Creek; Foundry-factory
      John Doty's Carriage Spring & Axle Works, Oakville, Ontario. Advertisement. Copy courtesy ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Oakville Basket Company
        Group sitting on large logs. See 91, 111, 290, 392, 738, 942, 1029, 1031, 1052, 1076, 5033, 6264/5.; Factory of Oakville Basket Company; Large group - labourers
      Group sitting on large logs. See 91, 111, 290, 392, 738, 942, ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Gulledge's store
        Boots and Shoes, Harness, Collars, Trunks, Whips It burned down and they moved back to No. 194 . From 'Beautiful Oakville'. See 64.; South East corner of Thomas and Lakeshore, Oakville; Storefront; Various persons, E.H.Gulledge's Store
      Boots and Shoes, Harness, Collars, Trunks, Whips It burned down and they ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Tannery
        March 1900. Donor: Mrs. J.Havell. See 123, 268, 270, 1116-1130, 1132-33, 5479-5487.; On Sixteen (16) Mile Creek.; Tannery
      March 1900. Donor: Mrs. J.Havell. See 123, 268, 270, 1116-1130, 1132-33, 5479-5487.; ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Oakville Garage and Cabinet Makers Shop
        1912 - no.115 Colborne Street East, North East corner with Dunn Street. Earlier located on South East corner as Lloyds Tavern, and section of White Oak Hotel. Moved in 1887.; North side Colborne, between Dunn and Dundas Streets; Brick and wood 2-storey building, garage below.; Several drivers in old model ...
      1912 - no.115 Colborne Street East, North East corner with Dunn Street. ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Oakville Medical Hall
        Dr. J. Urquhart, Oakville Medical Hall, established 1835 - oldest established medical line in Canada. Until 1933 occupied by Urquhart family. From 'Beautiful Oakville' See 735; 182 Lakeshore East, Lakeshore/Colborne; Front of building; various
      Dr. J. Urquhart, Oakville Medical Hall, established 1835 - oldest established medical ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Hazel Chisholm Mathews with cat
        Reprint Folder 2 Oakville Museum. Original with Oakville Museum. Donor: Mrs. Frances Ahern.; Hazel Mathews-Chisholm, with cat
      Reprint Folder 2 Oakville Museum. Original with Oakville Museum. Donor: Mrs. Frances ...
    Oakville Historical Society
  • Martha Matilda Harper
        ...
      ...
    Oakville Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1830s1830183118321833183418351836183718381839
18401840184118421843184418451846184718481849
1850s1850185118521853185418551856185718581859
1860s1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit