Results

We found
59
matching items
Geographic Location
Oakville
  
Decade
1940-1949
  
  • Knox Presbyterian Church, Oakville: interior circa 1940
        ...
      ...
    Knox Presbyterian Church, Oakville
  • Capt. Edward Anderson Morden and wife Mary Jane, 1940.
        The Mordens are one of the 37 families represented on the promissory note signed 1887 for the building of the present church.
      The Mordens are one of the 37 families represented on the promissory ...
    Knox Presbyterian Church, Oakville
  • Good Shepherd stained glass window: Knox Presbyterian Church, Oakville.
        "To the Glory of God and in Memory of John Barclay 1820-1900 and His Wife Jane Barclay 1824-1898."
      "To the Glory of God and in Memory of John Barclay 1820-1900 ...
    Knox Presbyterian Church, Oakville
  • Mortgage burning: Knox Presbyterian Church, Oakville, 1949.
        Mrs. Susan Archibald, Mr. Wanzer, Dr. C.K. Nicoll, Mrs. Ada Kendall, Mrs. Susan Kent.
      Mrs. Susan Archibald, Mr. Wanzer, Dr. C.K. Nicoll, Mrs. Ada Kendall, Mrs. ...
    Knox Presbyterian Church, Oakville
  • John Knox stained glass window: Knox Presbyterian Church, Oakville.
        "In Loving Memory of John Urquhart 1802-1867 And His Wife Margaret Laing 1807-1894, Settled in Oakville 1832."
      "In Loving Memory of John Urquhart 1802-1867 And His Wife Margaret Laing ...
    Knox Presbyterian Church, Oakville
  • A view of Oakville Harbour from Erchless Estate
        A view of Oakville Harbour and the lighthouse from the grounds of Erchless Estate
      A view of Oakville Harbour and the lighthouse from the grounds of ...
    Oakville Museum
  • Juliet Chisholm
        Juliet Chisholm in military uniform smoking a cigarette on the grounds of Erchless Estate
      Juliet Chisholm in military uniform smoking a cigarette on the grounds of ...
    Oakville Museum
  • Montgomery and Ruby Hart
        Montgomery and Ruby Hart at Erchless Estate the day after their wedding
      Montgomery and Ruby Hart at Erchless Estate the day after their wedding
    Oakville Museum
  • Montgomery and Ruby Hart
        Left to right: Dr. Juliet Chisholm, Hazel Chisholm Hart Matthews, Nancy Hart, Ruby Margaret Hart, Montgomery Chisholm Hart, Emelda Beeler Chisholm at Erchless estate the day after Monty's and Ruby's wedding
      Left to right: Dr. Juliet Chisholm, Hazel Chisholm Hart Matthews, Nancy Hart, ...
    Oakville Museum
  • Montgomery and Ruby Hart
        Left to right: John Oliver Hart, Hazel Chisholm Hart Matthews, Nancy Hart, Ruby Margaret Hart, Montgomery Chisholm Hart, Emelda Beeler Chisholm, at Erchless Estate the day after Monty's and Ruby's wedding, holding the family pets
      Left to right: John Oliver Hart, Hazel Chisholm Hart Matthews, Nancy Hart, ...
    Oakville Museum
  • Oakville High School Honour Roll 1939-1945
        The Honour Roll commemorates Oakville servicemen William Archibald; Edward Ashbury; George Atkins; James Bedlington; Patrick Blackham; Lorne Bray; Nat. Buchanan; Roland Montgomery Bull; Ralph Emerson Featherstone; Arthur Butler; Jackson Cook; Richard Dowding; Laurie Dynes; Harry P. Farr; Bruce Fox; Charles Duncan Bremner Green; Charles Herson; Bill Marshall; Kenneth Kemp; John ...
      The Honour Roll commemorates Oakville servicemen William Archibald; Edward Ashbury; George Atkins; ...
    Oakville Museum
  • Oakville-Trafalgar Civil Guard parade on Allan Street c. 1943
        The Oakville-Trafalgar Civil Guard was formed in June 1940 under the command of Major James A. Gairdner. The uniforms were paid for by subscription and comprised crimson berets, khaki jackets, and purple armbands. Enrolment was enthusiastic with an estimated 500 men signing on in a two-hour period, the Toronto Daily ...
      The Oakville-Trafalgar Civil Guard was formed in June 1940 under the command ...
    Oakville Museum
  • Oakville-Trafalgar Civil Guards parade on Colborne Street c. 1943
        The Oakville-Trafalgar Civil Guard was formed in June 1940 under the command of Major James A. Gairdner. The uniforms were paid for by subscription and comprised crimson berets, khaki jackets, and purple armbands. Enrolment was enthusiastic with an estimated 500 men signing on in a two-hour period, the Toronto Daily ...
      The Oakville-Trafalgar Civil Guard was formed in June 1940 under the command ...
    Oakville Museum
  • HMCS Oakville crew memebers in Oakville on the day of the christening parade, November 5, 1941
        HMCS Oakville crew members on a main street in oakville
      HMCS Oakville crew members on a main street in oakville
    Oakville Museum
  • Edward Barber, 1948, Munn's School, S.S. #3A, Halton County, Trafalgar Township
        Percy Edward Barber, called Eddie, age 7, in Grade 1 at Munn's School, S.S. No. 3A, Halton County, formerly of Trafalgar Township. His teacher was Mrs. McCullough, who would prepare hot cocoa or soup for the children on cold days. A photograph of the cover of Eddie's Grade One report ...
      Percy Edward Barber, called Eddie, age 7, in Grade 1 at Munn's ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Fire Engine at King's Castle
        King's Castle was the house built by William MacKenzie King, circa 1854. King was the son of Lieutenant George King and Barbara (Chisholm) King. King was raised by his uncle, Oakville founder William Chisholm. King sailed the world, struck gold, and returned home to marry and build his castle, which ...
      King's Castle was the house built by William MacKenzie King, circa 1854. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • House at 176 Front Street 1947
        A photo of the house and grounds at 176 Front Street. The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of timber frame construction, a style ...
      A photo of the house and grounds at 176 Front Street. The ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street 1947
        The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of timber frame construction, a style no longer used. The front door is a prominent feature of ...
      The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street 1946
        The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of timber frame construction, a style no longer used. The front of the house boasts an impressive ...
      The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 176 Front Street- A view from the lake
        The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of timber frame construction, a style no longer used.
      The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit