Results

We found
17
matching items
Decade
1950-1959
  
  • 1958 Junior Farmers Championship Softball Team
        These young men of Halton County, from the Omagh area, won the championship of the Junior Farmers Association of Ontario at the Guelph Field Day in 1958. Front row: Graham Gillies, Clarence McCann, John Willmott, Lloyd Vivian, John Jarvis. Back row: Ken Vivian, John Pegg, Len Naylor, Coach, Len Coolich, ...
      These young men of Halton County, from the Omagh area, won the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Kingsholm Farm, Kaitting House on Dundas Street West, Trafalgar Township.
        On the back of the photograph: Oakville, Kingholmsfarm, Aug. 1953 Herb Schafer.
      On the back of the photograph: Oakville, Kingholmsfarm, Aug. 1953 Herb Schafer.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Have All Sheridan Property Needed For Roads Says Elson, March 29, 1956
    Oakville Trafalgar Journal, 29 Mar 1956, Section 1, p. 1, column 1     Newspaper article about the expansion of the Queen Elizabeth Highway which required the demolition of the little village of Sheridan, Ontario.
    Oakville Trafalgar Journal, 29 Mar 1956, Section 1, p. 1, column 1   Newspaper article about the expansion of the Queen Elizabeth Highway which required ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Reeve Wilbert Biggar with Colleagues, New Trafalgar Township Hall, 1950
        Wilbert Henry Biggar was a Halton County Council Reeve, representing Trafalgar Township. His father, Michael L. Bigger had been the Deputy Reeve - Oakville on the Halton County Council earlier in 1890-1891. Trafalgar Township Hall was located on the south-east corner of Trafalgar Road (Seventh Line) and Dundas Street. The ...
      Wilbert Henry Biggar was a Halton County Council Reeve, representing Trafalgar Township. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Hopedale Plaza Construction
        Located in the Hopedale district of Bronte at Third Line and Rebecca Street. It was built as an open strip mall in 1959 with the development of the surrounding subdivision. In 1971, it was enclosed and became Hopedale Mall.
      Located in the Hopedale district of Bronte at Third Line and Rebecca ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Snider's School Opening Program, November 29, 1956
        Front Cover: Official Opening, Snider's Public School, Trafalgar Township, Thursday, November 29, 1956 Programme: 1. Senior Choir... O Canada, Mary and Martha, Hark Ye What Angel Voices 2. Junior Choir... Ships, The Lords My Shepard, Rocking 3. Triple Trio... Christmas Hymn, Whence O Shepherd Maiden 4. Autumn Leaves... A Dance ...
      Front Cover: Official Opening, Snider's Public School, Trafalgar Township, Thursday, November 29, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School 1954-55.
        The students of Coyne School, 1954-55. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end of the Bethel ...
      The students of Coyne School, 1954-55. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Trafalgar Boys Band, Oakville Centennial Celebrations, 1957
        Handwritten on the back of the photo: "Trafalgar boy's band Centenial June 30, 1957".
      Handwritten on the back of the photo: "Trafalgar boy's band Centenial June ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Canadian Pacific Steam Locomotive No. 2659 Leaving Hornby Station on May 15, 1954
        This photograph of Canadian Pacific steam engine No. 2659 leading steam engine No. 5145 and freight train, was taken on May 15, 1954 as the train went west from Hornby Station, Trafalgar Township. The knowledgeable photographer noted: "Hornby, Ontario - May 15, 1954 - 10:55 a.m. Extra West - Toronto ...
      This photograph of Canadian Pacific steam engine No. 2659 leading steam engine ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo School 1951
        Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo in 1951.
      Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo School 1951
        Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo.
      Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. No. 2, Palermo School Class Picture
        Students gather for a school photo. Ron Wettlaufer stands in the back row, centre. The teacher is his mother Ethel Wettlaufer. Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo school, S.S. #2, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, starting in 1944 and through into the 1950s. Her teaching contracts are shown as individual records ...
      Students gather for a school photo. Ron Wettlaufer stands in the back ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • McCurdy's School 1958
        S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at the corner of Derry Road and 9th Line where the hamlet was known as "McCurdy's Corners". Pictured here is teacher Jack Loos with 27 pupils. The brick school was later use as a community hall until 1969 when ...
      S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • North Trafalgar Community Club, 1956
        North Trafalgar Community Club 35th Anniversary at Trafalgar Memorial Hall, 1956. In 1921 a family newly arrived in north Trafalgar Township was in desperate need of help. A small group of women got together to provide the family with clothing and food donations. Their efforts were greatly appreciated and on ...
      North Trafalgar Community Club 35th Anniversary at Trafalgar Memorial Hall, 1956. In ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1958 Map Oakville Trafalgar Bronte Area
        The seal is inscribed: District Director of Postal Services Oper. Sec. June 16 1958 Toronto, Ont.
      The seal is inscribed: District Director of Postal Services Oper. Sec. June ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bob Fairman's Garage, 1952
        This photograph was taken in the spring of 1952 when the garage and store complex was owned by Bob Fairman. It had quite a history in Trafalgar Township prior to this, most notably being opened prior to 1827 as a hotel, tavern and post office by Ephraim Post. It was ...
      This photograph was taken in the spring of 1952 when the garage ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #7, Sixth Line School
        S.S. #7 was built in 1870 and was located on the south side of Derry Road, just east of Sixth Line. It closed in 1968. Pictured here is Mrs. Vansickle, a substitute for Miss Jennie Shirrif who was ill, and 28 students.
      S.S. #7 was built in 1870 and was located on the south ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit