Results

We found
44
matching items
  • Snider's School, 2008
        Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession 1, Lot 6, NDS. We know S.S. #4 was in use by 1877 and the 1878 Atlas shows it right on the corner on the southwest side of Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road. The 200 acre Lot 6 ...
      Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Old High School
        The old Oakville Trafalgar High School building which had its cornerstone laid in 1908 on Reynolds St., Oakville.
      The old Oakville Trafalgar High School building which had its cornerstone laid ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Centriller School in Bronte Nov-Dec 1979
        This school was at the intersection of Lakeshore Road and Jones Street in Bronte. As per the March 2012 Oakville Historical Society newsletter: In 1872, a two story school made of stone was constructed on the north side of Chisholm St. (now Marine Drive). It was demolished in 1923 and ...
      This school was at the intersection of Lakeshore Road and Jones Street ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Merton School, S.S. #15 - pre 1930
        Miss Ruth Baldwin Inglehart, teacher. Marie Inglehart, second from left in second row and Edgar (Ike) Inglehart, third from right in second row. Both are children of Stanley Inglehart and Minnie Marie Vivian, and both are second cousins, once removed of the teacher. Merton school S.S.#15 was first a log ...
      Miss Ruth Baldwin Inglehart, teacher. Marie Inglehart, second from left in second ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School 1954-55.
        The students of Coyne School, 1954-55. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end of the Bethel ...
      The students of Coyne School, 1954-55. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Fall 1949, S.S. #7, Trafalgar
        This school was located at the south side of Derry Road, east of 6th Line. Back row: Jean Ayres, Betty may, Margaret Galbraith, Irene Peacock, Jack O’CConnor, Renold Howden, Ross Sinclair, Bill Speck, Teacher Miss McKee Middle row: Burt Speck, Grant Rpyce, Shirley Downs, Phylis Bradley, Audrey Peacock, Marilyn May, ...
      This school was located at the south side of Derry Road, east ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo School House
        PALERMA SCHOOL- This is the Palermo school house. It replaced the former structure which was said to have been struck by lightning. There was a time in the old two-room school when there would be no seat for some of the pupils who would then have to sit on the ...
      PALERMA SCHOOL- This is the Palermo school house. It replaced the former ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Former Hornby School
        Originally Hornby School, now converted to Arc Industries
      Originally Hornby School, now converted to Arc Industries
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #11 School, Sheridan, 1942
        SS #11, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, Ontario. The school picture taken September 18, 1942. The school was located south of Dundas Street on the Ninth Line. The school closed in 1948 and students were bussed to Maple Grove Public School in Oakville. Front Row, L-R; Susan Harris, June Taylor, Ann ...
      SS #11, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, Ontario. The school picture taken September ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Last Students Of School Section #7
        “The original school was a log building just below Derry Road on the southeast corner on the 6th line. S.S. #7 was built in 1870. When the one room school was built Pheobe Rosella Cottrell was the first teacher. The kids moved from the old school to the new one ...
      “The original school was a log building just below Derry Road on ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • McCurdy's Corners School at Derry Rd. and 9th Line
        McCurdy's School at the corner of Derry and 9th line with an enrolment of 9 pupils. Back row: Irvine Thompson, J.D. Cordingley, Miss Jean McNabb, Joyce Bedell. Middle; Byron Bedell, Mary Peterson, Jim Peterson, Bill Peterson. Front; Joan May, Jean Bedell Built around 1830, the school was officially called S.S. ...
      McCurdy's School at the corner of Derry and 9th line with an ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Student Reunion at S.S. #7, Derry and Sixth Line.
        Former students from the years of the late thirties to 1940’s, this picture shows: Back Row: Murray Sinclair, Norma (May) Alexander, Keith Merry, Charlene (Price) Bryan, Jeanette (Hall) Tallyn. Middle: Verna (Price) Wilson, Irene (Bradley) Saunders Front; Betty (May) Royce, Wilma (Sinclair) Wilson, Donna (Downs) Giles, Edna...
      Former students from the years of the late thirties to 1940’s, this ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Eckhardt and Ethel Wettlaufer Outside S.S. No. 2, Palermo School
        S.S. #2, Palermo, Trafalgar Township. This building is the third school on the site; it was constructed in 1942-1943. It still stands today and is the home of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society, restored to be a working one-room schoolhouse. The extensive Glenorchy Conservation Area is behind it. Ethel Wettlaufer ...
      S.S. #2, Palermo, Trafalgar Township. This building is the third school on ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #2, Palermo, 1949
        ...
      ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #3, Trafalgar
        We have recently acquired a second, clearer copy of this photograph which is included also in this record, "Select" the other photograph under "Pages" or click on "Full Image" to see the different versions. This is S.S. #3, Trafalgar, or Munn's School. The teacher was Maud Norton, and the date ...
      We have recently acquired a second, clearer copy of this photograph which ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo School 1951
        Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo in 1951.
      Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo School 1951
        Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo.
      Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. No. 2, Palermo School Class Picture
        Students gather for a school photo. Ron Wettlaufer stands in the back row, centre. The teacher is his mother Ethel Wettlaufer. Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo school, S.S. #2, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, starting in 1944 and through into the 1950s. Her teaching contracts are shown as individual records ...
      Students gather for a school photo. Ron Wettlaufer stands in the back ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #2 Palermo School Photo
        This is school photo at S.S. #2, the Palermo school during the 1930s. On the far left in the back row is George Wettlaufer. Second from the left in the middle row is Harold Wettlaufer. The teacher is Mima Bullock.
      This is school photo at S.S. #2, the Palermo school during the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • McCurdy's School 1958
        S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at the corner of Derry Road and 9th Line where the hamlet was known as "McCurdy's Corners". Pictured here is teacher Jack Loos with 27 pupils. The brick school was later use as a community hall until 1969 when ...
      S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit