Results

We found
17
matching items
  • Gary Askin at Glenorchy Bridge
        The Askin family were early settlers in the area of Glenorchy, Agerton and Lisgar in Trafalgar Township. The children attended S.S. #14, Glenorchy School and the family lived on Lot 21, Con.2 NDS, or at Fourth Line near Lower Base Line, near the east branch of the Sixteen Mile Creek. ...
      The Askin family were early settlers in the area of Glenorchy, Agerton ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Potato Truck Accident at the Glenorchy Bridge, 1964
        The two photographs in this record show the crashed potato truck and the work to retrieve it in about 1964 (the photo was developed in 1965 but that was likely a few months after it was taken). The truck was guided onto Fourth Line, an unsuitable route for a truck, ...
      The two photographs in this record show the crashed potato truck and ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Eli Askin Funeral Card
        Died at Glenorky, on Sunday, November 29th, 1914 Eli Askin aged 87 years. The Funeral Service will be held at his late residence, 4th line, Glenorky, on Wednesday afternoon, december 2nd, at 1 o'clock. Interment in St. Jude's Cemetery, Oakville. Friends and acquaintances will please accept this intimation.
      Died at Glenorky, on Sunday, November 29th, 1914 Eli Askin aged 87 ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 showing the shed over the well
        The Glenorchy (aka Glenorky) schoolhouse was located on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on Fourth Line just below Lower Baseline Road. It was also known as "Pleasant Valley School". The building shown here is the shed protecting the well, the school building can faintly be seen behind it ...
      The Glenorchy (aka Glenorky) schoolhouse was located on the flats of the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3527 Fourth Line, 1991
        Town of Oakville records indicate that this farmhouse was built around 1860 on Concession 1 NDS Lot 20 in the area of Glenorchy, Halton County in the former Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. It was associated with the families of J. Rorke and Charles H. Bigger. Fourth Line ran between ...
      Town of Oakville records indicate that this farmhouse was built around 1860 ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 4414 Fourth Line, 1991
        2 photographs of 4414 Fourth Line. Town of Oakville records indicate it was built around 1900 on Concession 2 NDS Lot 22. Before it was demolished, it was used as an outbuilding for the Oakville Executive golf course, Lower Base Line and Fourth Line. Fourth Line ran between Lots 20 ...
      2 photographs of 4414 Fourth Line. Town of Oakville records indicate it ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1977
        The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, "4166 Fourth Line" but the current Heritage Planner believes it is more likely 4116 Fourth Line. She knows the house was located at Concession 2 NDS, Part of Lots 21 and 22. This, of course, is in the ...
      The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1980's
        The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, "4166 Fourth Line" but the current Heritage Planner believes it is more likely 4116 Fourth Line. She knows the house was located at Concession 2 NDS, Part of Lots 21 and 22. This, of course, is in the ...
      The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1990
        The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, "4166 Fourth Line" but the current Heritage Planner believes it is more likely 4116 Fourth Line. She knows the house was located at Concession 2 NDS, Part of Lots 21 and 22. This, of course, is in the ...
      The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1991
        The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, "4166 Fourth Line" but the current Heritage Planner believes it is more likely 4116 Fourth Line. She knows the house was located at Concession 2 NDS, Part of Lots 21 and 22. This, of course, is in the ...
      The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar in 1948
        S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. The school was on the floodplain flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on the Fourth Line, just south of Lower Baseline. People remember the river ice pushing up against the old school. A small building on the site ...
      S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar
        Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Trafalgar Township in Halton County. The small building on the right is the shed that protected the well. The school was on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek. There is quite a cliffside that ...
      Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy Bridge Construction, mid1980's
        Construction of the level bridge crossing of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Glenorchy sometime in the 1980's. This was the second bridge to be built here. It was built on the same abutments as the first, but in 2001, the crossing became a bicycle/pedestrian crossing only as the area is ...
      Construction of the level bridge crossing of the Sixteen Mile Creek at ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School
        Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower Baseline. The painting represents the site in 1870. The plaque on the photo says the picture was presented by The Devlin Family in 1966. S.S. No. 14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. There ...
      Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Repairing the Base of the Spillway, Fourteen Mile Creek at Dundas, October 2018
        Although the base of the Creek spillway was rebuilt only two years ago when the entire street was revamped, the intense, short downpours we now experience require repairs and changes to handle the water flowing out of the dam pond under Dundas Street. At our last "Archives Open" of 2018, ...
      Although the base of the Creek spillway was rebuilt only two years ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #14, Glenorchy School Children, 1930's
        The annual photograph of students attending Glenorchy School sometime in the mid to late 1930's. The schoolhouse was located on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on Fourth Line just below Lower Baseline Road. It was also known as "Pleasant Valley School". In the front row right on the ...
      The annual photograph of students attending Glenorchy School sometime in the mid ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy Bridge, Circa 1900
        The bridge at Glenorchy crossed an arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek at 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Halton County. The site is particularly remembered for the old school which had been built nearby in the river floodplain - people remember the river ice pushing up against ...
      The bridge at Glenorchy crossed an arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit