Results

We found
7
matching items
  • S.S.#14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School
        S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. The small building on the right is the shed which protected the well. The school was on the floodplain flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on the Fourth Line, just south of Lower Baseline. People remember the river ...
      S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. No. 10, Little White School ca1920
        In 1824, a log school was built at the modern-day named intersection of Tenth Line and Britannia Roads in the former Trafalgar Township, Halton County. This area originated as part of Trafalgar Township, later amalgamated into Toronto Township, Peel County. Approximately 50 pupils, including many adults, attended when the school ...
      In 1824, a log school was built at the modern-day named intersection ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2008 (50th) Anniversary of the 1958 McCurdy School, S.S. No. 8, Closing - School Photos 1940-1950 Handout
        Several years of committee work cumulated on April 5, 2008 at a celebratory reunion in Milton's Heritage Country Park when former pupils and teachers of S.S. No. 8, McCurdy School gathered to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the closing of the school in 1958. Attendees at the celebration received five ...
      Several years of committee work cumulated on April 5, 2008 at a ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #2 Palermo School Children, 1951
        This photo is courtesy of Wayne Shillum. Wayne moved to Palermo with his family in 1950. His parents bought the farm at 3133 Burnhamthorpe West and their two older boys, Wayne and his older brother Bob, started school in the fall of 1950. They went to the one-room schoolhouse in ...
      This photo is courtesy of Wayne Shillum. Wayne moved to Palermo with ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Merton School To Fall Victim of "Progress", Closed June 1958
        This is the written article from the full page clipping: "No Permanence Any More" Says Long-Time Resident. Another landmark of this area is soon to fall the victim of progress. Though the present Merton Public School building is only a replacement for the original building, its demolition to make way ...
      This is the written article from the full page clipping: "No Permanence ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. No. Sixteen Trafalgar, Sixteen School and Scholars, 1916
        Handwritten on the photo album page: below the schoolhouse photograph is written, "Sixteen School", below the lower page photo of the scholars is handwritten, "Scholars of the Sixteen School in 1916".
      Handwritten on the photo album page: below the schoolhouse photograph is written, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Hank Ford On A Horse
        Hank and Isobel sometimes rode this horse to and from their one-room school, S.S.#9 Coyne, which was over 2 miles away. Hank's father had also attended the same school. The Ford farm was on 5th Line at Lower Base Road, Trafalgar Township. Their house had been built by their Great-Grandfather ...
      Hank and Isobel sometimes rode this horse to and from their one-room ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit