Results

We found
299
matching items
  • S.S. #6, Omagh Public School
        A rare, side view of S.S. No. 6, Trafalgar, Omagh public school. The one room, red brick schoolhouse was constructed in 1876 and demolished after 92 years. It was located on Five Sideroad, Oakville, just north of Omagh General Store.
      A rare, side view of S.S. No. 6, Trafalgar, Omagh public school. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 38 Dundas Street West, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
        Front of index card: NPC 464 (9-70) 7530-21-029-3938 Verso: 06177001700038
      Front of index card: NPC 464 (9-70) 7530-21-029-3938 Verso: 06177001700038
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1388 Dundas Street West, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
        Front of index card: OU177001701388 Verso: 06177001701388 ; 06 0zy24
      Front of index card: OU177001701388 Verso: 06177001701388 ; 06 0zy24
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1280 Dundas Street West, 1990's
        To view the other 5 photographs in this record, click on "Pages" "Select. The photos were taken for the Town of Oakville in 1990 or 1991. This property was Concession 1, Pt. Lot 23, SDS, on the southwest corner of the Sixteen Mile Creek and Dundas Street West, Oakville, at ...
      To view the other 5 photographs in this record, click on "Pages" ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1524 Dundas Street West, 1991
        This farmhouse was likely on Concession 1, Lot 24, SDS Trafalgar Township. In modern day terms, it is on the south side of Dundas Street West at Proudfoot Trail, west of the Sixteen Mile Creek. The 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and the Trafalgar Township Historical Society show ...
      This farmhouse was likely on Concession 1, Lot 24, SDS Trafalgar Township. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2088 Dundas Street West
        Two photographs of the farmhouse at 2088 Dundas Street West, both taken in 1981 for the Town of Oakville. To see the 2nd photograph, click on "Pages" "Select". The house was likely on Lot 27, Con.1, SDS. In 1816, this was one of the Lots owned by Philip Buck. He ...
      Two photographs of the farmhouse at 2088 Dundas Street West, both taken ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2514 Dundas Street West, 1977 and 1991
        This attractive farmhouse was on Lot 30, Conc. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township - or in today's terms, on the southeast corner facing Dundas Street at Bronte Road (now Old Bronte Road), in the old village of Palermo, now Oakville. According to the 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and ...
      This attractive farmhouse was on Lot 30, Conc. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3004 Dundas Street West, 1990s
        This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), directly north of the Palermo Community Hall. Because Dundas Street was widened several times in the 20th century, (as was ...
      This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3069 Dundas Street West, c1992
        This farmhouse was photographed for the Town of Oakville in 1992. It was likely located on Lot 31, Conc.1 NDS Trafalgar Township, or in today's terms, on the north side of Dundas Street, west of Bronte Road, just before Valleyridge Drive in the old village of Palermo, now Oakville, Ontario. ...
      This farmhouse was photographed for the Town of Oakville in 1992. It ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Shea Farmhouse, Snider's Corners
        This farmhouse was on Lot 7 Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township. In modern terms, this is located just west of where the intersection of 8th Line and Burnhamthorpe Road East would be if the Eighth Line came up to Burnhamthorpe, in Oakville. The area was Snider's Corners which was centered ...
      This farmhouse was on Lot 7 Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township. In ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Oakville Recreation Commission Day Camp, Pine Ridge Camp Site, July 1956
        Counseler Janet Lees with day campers at the Pine Ridge Camp location of the Oakbille Recreation Commission Day Camps in July 1956. This Rotary Park site was closed in the 1980's. The old bridge crossing the Sixteen Mile Creek at Henderson Park was demolished and a new one built in ...
      Counseler Janet Lees with day campers at the Pine Ridge Camp location ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Postville Farm Forum, 1953
        Based on several articles about this farm association in Milton's The Canadian Champion newspaper, the Postville Farm Forum was formed in 1948 for the farming community around the intersection of Seventh Line with Highway 5, in the old Trafalgar Township. Once known as Postville, the intersection was later known as ...
      Based on several articles about this farm association in Milton's The Canadian ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Potato Truck Accident at the Glenorchy Bridge, 1964
        The two photographs in this record show the crashed potato truck and the work to retrieve it in about 1964 (the photo was developed in 1965 but that was likely a few months after it was taken). The truck was guided onto Fourth Line, an unsuitable route for a truck, ...
      The two photographs in this record show the crashed potato truck and ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Eli Askin Funeral Card
        Died at Glenorky, on Sunday, November 29th, 1914 Eli Askin aged 87 years. The Funeral Service will be held at his late residence, 4th line, Glenorky, on Wednesday afternoon, december 2nd, at 1 o'clock. Interment in St. Jude's Cemetery, Oakville. Friends and acquaintances will please accept this intimation.
      Died at Glenorky, on Sunday, November 29th, 1914 Eli Askin aged 87 ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 showing the shed over the well
        The Glenorchy (aka Glenorky) schoolhouse was located on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on Fourth Line just below Lower Baseline Road. It was also known as "Pleasant Valley School". The building shown here is the shed protecting the well, the school building can faintly be seen behind it ...
      The Glenorchy (aka Glenorky) schoolhouse was located on the flats of the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3527 Fourth Line, 1991
        Town of Oakville records indicate that this farmhouse was built around 1860 on Concession 1 NDS Lot 20 in the area of Glenorchy, Halton County in the former Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. It was associated with the families of J. Rorke and Charles H. Bigger. Fourth Line ran between ...
      Town of Oakville records indicate that this farmhouse was built around 1860 ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 4414 Fourth Line, 1991
        2 photographs of 4414 Fourth Line. Town of Oakville records indicate it was built around 1900 on Concession 2 NDS Lot 22. Before it was demolished, it was used as an outbuilding for the Oakville Executive golf course, Lower Base Line and Fourth Line. Fourth Line ran between Lots 20 ...
      2 photographs of 4414 Fourth Line. Town of Oakville records indicate it ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1977
        The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, "4166 Fourth Line" but the current Heritage Planner believes it is more likely 4116 Fourth Line. She knows the house was located at Concession 2 NDS, Part of Lots 21 and 22. This, of course, is in the ...
      The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1980's
        The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, "4166 Fourth Line" but the current Heritage Planner believes it is more likely 4116 Fourth Line. She knows the house was located at Concession 2 NDS, Part of Lots 21 and 22. This, of course, is in the ...
      The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1990
        The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, "4166 Fourth Line" but the current Heritage Planner believes it is more likely 4116 Fourth Line. She knows the house was located at Concession 2 NDS, Part of Lots 21 and 22. This, of course, is in the ...
      The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1840s1840184118421843184418451846184718481849
1850s1850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit