Results

We found
25
matching items
  • Wilbert Henry Biggar, 1887
        This photograph was likely taken on the occasion of Wilbert's christening. Wilbert's parents farmed the land originally settled by his grandfather, Michael L. Bigger. This was Lot 15, Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township, running north from Burnhamthorpe Road on the east side of 6th Line. In 1898, his parents, Albert ...
      This photograph was likely taken on the occasion of Wilbert's christening. Wilbert's ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Clara Biggar with Her Grandpa, Michael Biggar
        Clara and her Grandfather, Michael L. Biggar, standing in front of the lovely home her parents built on the Glenclare Farm in 1898. Clara Biggar trained and worked as a nurse. Albert, son of Michael and Belinda, and his wife, Hetty, built the lovely house shown in this record in ...
      Clara and her Grandfather, Michael L. Biggar, standing in front of the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Barn at 273 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville
        This barn is on the Oakville farm on Lot 2 NDS Con. 13 or 273 Burnhamthorpe Road East. It is immediately west of Ren's Pet Depot on the corner at Trafalgar Road and Burnhamthorpe, and you can see the Town of Oakville water tower on the property. The oldest house ...
      This barn is on the Oakville farm on Lot 2 NDS Con. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenclare Farm, Built 1898
        Michael L. Bigger is shown on the 1859 Tremaine Map of Halton County as owning the property, Lot 15, Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township, running north from Burnhamthorpe Road on the east side of 6th Line. Albert, son of Michael and Belinda, and his wife, Hettie, built the lovely house ...
      Michael L. Bigger is shown on the 1859 Tremaine Map of Halton ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Saunders Property, 7th Line, Just Above Derry Rd.
        An aerial photograph of the Saunders property in the former settlement of Agerton. The house was destroyed in 1972 for the widening of Trafalgar Road (7th Line). Note the beehives behind the house. The 1901 Census lists George E. Saunders as an apiarist. In early days, the house was an ...
      An aerial photograph of the Saunders property in the former settlement of ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Cecil Norton with Son Grant on Fordson Tractor
        Linked here is a photograph of the family house and the story of the start of the bus line operated and owned by the family. The Halton District School Board honoured Cecil by naming the school nearby the old house after him. "C. H. Norton Public School was named for ...
      Linked here is a photograph of the family house and the story ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • William and Hannah Fox
        According to "The Sargant Story ; Sargant History ; Relatively Speaking" by their nephew, J. Kenneth C. Sargant, 1985, Billy and Hanna purchased a farm at Palermo in 1911, coming from a farm in the Kilbride area just north of Hamilton with their children. After retirement from the farm about ...
      According to "The Sargant Story ; Sargant History ; Relatively Speaking" by ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • History of Elmbank Farms, Palermo
        View of the farm from Dundas Street. In 1918, Mr. William Tovell Senior bought the farm from Dr. Anson Buck’s estate. In 1940 the Tovell Brothers business purchased this farm from their father. The Tovell house was a nine room farm house located on Lot 27, Concession 1, South of ...
      View of the farm from Dundas Street. In 1918, Mr. William Tovell ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Arnold Fish, Barb (Royle) Ford ca1937
        Taken at the family farm, 1053 Burnhamthorpe Road East, in about 1937 when Arnold Fish is about 18 years old. Arnold was renowned for his Holsteins, and was a member - indeed, he later held the office of President - of Halton Holstein Breeders. His obituary says he loved his ...
      Taken at the family farm, 1053 Burnhamthorpe Road East, in about 1937 ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Lance Pocock, Farm Manager, Lazy Pat Farm
        In 1945, Joseph and Yvonne Piggott, of the Hamilton Piggott Construction family, bought two farms of 220 acres, which includes 3269 and 3271 Dundas Street, in the old Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. Mrs. Piggott used the working farm as a summer home, visiting every Sunday and entertaining friends and ...
      In 1945, Joseph and Yvonne Piggott, of the Hamilton Piggott Construction family, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Lazy Pat Farm Pond
        In 1945, Joseph and Yvonne Piggott, of the Hamilton Piggott Construction family, bought the farms including 3269 and 3271 Dundas Street in the old Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. Mrs. Piggott used the working farm as a summer home, visiting every Sunday and entertaining friends and business acquaintances. This fishing ...
      In 1945, Joseph and Yvonne Piggott, of the Hamilton Piggott Construction family, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Post Card: "A Few of the Money Makers At The Walker House Farm, Oakville & Toronto, Ont."
        Front of Post Card: A Few of the Money Makers At The Walker House Farm Oakville & Toronto Ont. Back of Post Card: This Space for Correspondence Only ; This Space for Address only ; Postage Canada - 1c. U.S. - - 1c. Foreign - 2c.
      Front of Post Card: A Few of the Money Makers At The ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Post Card: "Water Front View of the Walker House Farm Oakville & Toronto, Ont."
        Front of Post Card: Water Front View of the Walker House Farm Oakville & Toronto Ont. Back of Post Card: This Space for Correspondence Only ; This Space for Address only ; Postage Canada - 1c. U.S. - - 1c. Foreign - 2c.
      Front of Post Card: Water Front View of the Walker House Farm ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Post Card: "High Grade Cattle in Pasture at the Walker House Farm, Oakville & Toronto, Ont."
        Front of Card: High Grade Cattle in Pasture at the Walker House Farm, Oakville & Toronto, Ont. Back of Post Card: Post Card ; This Space for Correspondence only ; This Space for Address only ; Postage Canada - 1c. U.S. - - 1c. Foreign - 2c.
      Front of Card: High Grade Cattle in Pasture at the Walker House ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Jane (Jeannie) Barr
        On front of photograph: Jane Barr On back of photograph: Palermo 1924
      On front of photograph: Jane Barr On back of photograph: Palermo 1924
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Cliffview Farm - Thomas "Tommy" Battle, ca1940
        Tommy Battle, Cliffview Farm, at the rain water tub with dipper. The farm was owned by George W. Mayer. Tommy's father, Francis Joseph Battle, was the farm manager from about 1934 to 1943.
      Tommy Battle, Cliffview Farm, at the rain water tub with dipper. The ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Walker House Hotel Farm, Oakville and Toronto, Ontario
        ...
      ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • On the Ford Farm, Family in Buggy With Horse in Harness Beside Barn
        Two members of the Ford family posing for the photograph while seated in the light, four-wheeled buggy with the horse in harness. The Ford farm was on 5th Line at Lower Base Road, Trafalgar Township.
      Two members of the Ford family posing for the photograph while seated ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Gardens At Lazy Pat Farm
        In 1945, Joseph and Yvonne Piggott, of the Hamilton Piggott Construction family, bought two farms of 220 acres including 3269 and 3271 Dundas Street in the old Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. Mrs. Piggott used the working farm as a summer home, visiting every Sunday and entertaining friends and business ...
      In 1945, Joseph and Yvonne Piggott, of the Hamilton Piggott Construction family, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Oakhurst, Back View.
        Built by William Cyrus Inglehart in the late 1800’s. In the Historical Atlas of Halton County, 1877, William Cyrus and his family lived and farmed at Con 2, SDS, Lot 31, Trafalgar Township. He settled in 1823, was born in Canada, had a PO address at Palermo, and his occupation ...
      Built by William Cyrus Inglehart in the late 1800’s. In the Historical ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit