Results

We found
25
matching items
  • Students At Coyne, Circa 1950
        Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end of the Bethel Church shed on the high bank of the ...
      Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #11 School, Sheridan, June 16, 1913
        The "Sheridan" school, S.S. #11, was located on the east side of 9th Line, south of Dundas, south of where the drive-in movie theatre is located, (north of Upper Middle Road on the east side of Ninth Line). The school was closed in 1948 and students then were bussed to ...
      The "Sheridan" school, S.S. #11, was located on the east side of ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Lynn Ford, Barbara Jean Hilson and Joy Barnstaple
        ...
      ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Fall 1949, S.S. #7, Trafalgar
        This school was located at the south side of Derry Road, east of 6th Line. Back row: Jean Ayres, Betty may, Margaret Galbraith, Irene Peacock, Jack O’CConnor, Renold Howden, Ross Sinclair, Bill Speck, Teacher Miss McKee Middle row: Burt Speck, Grant Rpyce, Shirley Downs, Phylis Bradley, Audrey Peacock, Marilyn May, ...
      This school was located at the south side of Derry Road, east ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #11 School, Sheridan, 1942
        SS #11, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, Ontario. The school picture taken September 18, 1942. The school was located south of Dundas Street on the Ninth Line. The school closed in 1948 and students were bussed to Maple Grove Public School in Oakville. Front Row, L-R; Susan Harris, June Taylor, Ann ...
      SS #11, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, Ontario. The school picture taken September ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Frances M. Foreman
        Frances was called Fannie. She was eleven when her mother Amanda (Oakley) Foreman died. She and her brother, Charles, went to live with their aunt Elizabeth Williams in Grant Township, Manhattan, Kansas. Frances was inconsolable at the loss of her mother and for nearly a year was almost too ill ...
      Frances was called Fannie. She was eleven when her mother Amanda (Oakley) ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Last Students Of School Section #7
        “The original school was a log building just below Derry Road on the southeast corner on the 6th line. S.S. #7 was built in 1870. When the one room school was built Pheobe Rosella Cottrell was the first teacher. The kids moved from the old school to the new one ...
      “The original school was a log building just below Derry Road on ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • McCurdy's Corners School at Derry Rd. and 9th Line
        McCurdy's School at the corner of Derry and 9th line with an enrolment of 9 pupils. Back row: Irvine Thompson, J.D. Cordingley, Miss Jean McNabb, Joyce Bedell. Middle; Byron Bedell, Mary Peterson, Jim Peterson, Bill Peterson. Front; Joan May, Jean Bedell Built around 1830, the school was officially called S.S. ...
      McCurdy's School at the corner of Derry and 9th line with an ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Reunion Of Students From S.S. #7
        Former students who attended S.S.#7 at the turn of the 20th century attended the reunion. Pictured are: Back row; Emery Bradley, Tom Cook, Rob McLaughlen ; Front row; Violet (Bradley) Cook, Lottie (Bradley) Maglaughlen, Howard Bradley, Veenie Bradley.>
      Former students who attended S.S.#7 at the turn of the 20th century ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Student Reunion at S.S. #7, Derry and Sixth Line.
        Former students from the years of the late thirties to 1940’s, this picture shows: Back Row: Murray Sinclair, Norma (May) Alexander, Keith Merry, Charlene (Price) Bryan, Jeanette (Hall) Tallyn. Middle: Verna (Price) Wilson, Irene (Bradley) Saunders Front; Betty (May) Royce, Wilma (Sinclair) Wilson, Donna (Downs) Giles, Edna...
      Former students from the years of the late thirties to 1940’s, this ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Munn's School, S.S. #3A, Halton County, Trafalgar Township
        Front row L-R Jean Hall, Bernice McPherson, Keith Forster, Betty Hoey, Ronald Johnstone, Jacqueline Johnstone, Donald Bradley, Dorothy McPherson, Delores Burnett, Carl Cole. Second Row – Ken Kernan, Kurt Ragut, Norma Fish, Deane Hopper, Lilliam Huey, Glenn Fokster, Illene Forster, Wilson Hoey, Sam McGowan, Donna Hopper Third Row – Raymond ...
      Front row L-R Jean Hall, Bernice McPherson, Keith Forster, Betty Hoey, Ronald ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Merton School, S.S. 15, 1920
        The Merton area (Lots 26-35 2SDS Trafalgar) was settled as early as 1810. The first settlers were David Utter, Joseph Smith, William Bates, Cornelius Tipps and Henry Cale. The community adopted the name "Merton" when the post office opened in 1852. The name was likely chosen to commemorate the battle ...
      The Merton area (Lots 26-35 2SDS Trafalgar) was settled as early as ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Merton School Trip to The Cave Which Had Sheltered William Lyon Mackenzie, ca1915
        This school trip photograph was likely taken at the mouth of the "Devil's Cove" on Twelve Mile Creek. One of children is Amy Breckon, 1905 – 1956. She would have been a student at Merton school circa 1910-1920. Others have identified this as the "Devil's Cave". The cave was north ...
      This school trip photograph was likely taken at the mouth of the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • McCurdy's School 1958
        S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at the corner of Derry Road and 9th Line where the hamlet was known as "McCurdy's Corners". Pictured here is teacher Jack Loos with 27 pupils. The brick school was later use as a community hall until 1969 when ...
      S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • U.S.S. No. 17, Ash Public School
        In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in 1932. This is the brick building which replaced it, built in 1934, still a one-room schoolhouse. Florence Meares started her teaching career here in 1934 at age 18. She was a dedicated, passionate educator who also worked for ...
      In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Percy W. Merry Public School, Grade 1, 1968/69
        Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1958, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were closed and the children bussed to Percy W. Merry Public School at 263 Britannia Rd. E., just west of Trafalgar Road, ...
      Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School Picnic, 1952
        Coyne school picnic 1952 Grades 1, 2, 3, & 4. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern ...
      Coyne school picnic 1952 Grades 1, 2, 3, & 4. Coyne Public ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School 1950-51, Grades 6 & 7.
        Grade 6 & 7 at Coyne's School in 1951. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end ...
      Grade 6 & 7 at Coyne's School in 1951. Coyne Public School, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School Picnic
        Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end of the Bethel Church shed on the high bank ...
      Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #7, Sixth Line School
        S.S. #7 was built in 1870 and was located on the south side of Derry Road, just east of Sixth Line. It closed in 1968. Pictured here is Mrs. Vansickle, a substitute for Miss Jennie Shirrif who was ill, and 28 students.
      S.S. #7 was built in 1870 and was located on the south ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit