Results

We found
14
matching items
  • Eckhardt and Ethel Wettlaufer Outside S.S. No. 2, Palermo School
        S.S. #2, Palermo, Trafalgar Township. This building is the third school on the site; it was constructed in 1942-1943. It still stands today and is the home of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society, restored to be a working one-room schoolhouse. The extensive Glenorchy Conservation Area is behind it. Ethel Wettlaufer ...
      S.S. #2, Palermo, Trafalgar Township. This building is the third school on ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Jim Babinetz and Janet Lees
        Jim Babinetz and Janet Lees photographed by the Oakville newspaper after Jim was allowed to have a new medical exam after initially being dropped from Lakeshore Teachers college. The link on the right below the photograph and above the map, is to a Toronto Star photograph by Frank Teskey, now ...
      Jim Babinetz and Janet Lees photographed by the Oakville newspaper after Jim ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo School 1951
        Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo in 1951.
      Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo School 1951
        Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo.
      Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. No. 2, Palermo School Class Picture
        Students gather for a school photo. Ron Wettlaufer stands in the back row, centre. The teacher is his mother Ethel Wettlaufer. Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo school, S.S. #2, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, starting in 1944 and through into the 1950s. Her teaching contracts are shown as individual records ...
      Students gather for a school photo. Ron Wettlaufer stands in the back ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #2 Palermo School Photo
        This is school photo at S.S. #2, the Palermo school during the 1930s. On the far left in the back row is George Wettlaufer. Second from the left in the middle row is Harold Wettlaufer. The teacher is Mima Bullock.
      This is school photo at S.S. #2, the Palermo school during the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • McCurdy's School 1958
        S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at the corner of Derry Road and 9th Line where the hamlet was known as "McCurdy's Corners". Pictured here is teacher Jack Loos with 27 pupils. The brick school was later use as a community hall until 1969 when ...
      S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Maud, Ida and Erma Norton, Teachers
        A group photograph of the three daughters of Theophilus and Ann Norton of Glen Williams, Ontario. Individual photographs of Maud, Erma and Ida can be seen by by opening the pull-down menu under "pages" in this record. All three girls trained and worked as schoolteachers. Maud taught at S.S. #2, ...
      A group photograph of the three daughters of Theophilus and Ann Norton ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • U.S.S. No. 17, Ash Public School
        In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in 1932. This is the brick building which replaced it, built in 1934, still a one-room schoolhouse. Florence Meares started her teaching career here in 1934 at age 18. She was a dedicated, passionate educator who also worked for ...
      In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Gladys (McCleary) Speers
        Pictured is Gladys (McCleary) Speers. Miss McCleary was teaching at Trafalgar's S.S. #8 when her sister Violet was a student. Many of her students went right through Grade 8 without ever having another teacher, and many years later she called each one by name, although they had married and had ...
      Pictured is Gladys (McCleary) Speers. Miss McCleary was teaching at Trafalgar's S.S. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #7, Sixth Line School
        S.S. #7 was built in 1870 and was located on the south side of Derry Road, just east of Sixth Line. It closed in 1968. Pictured here is Mrs. Vansickle, a substitute for Miss Jennie Shirrif who was ill, and 28 students.
      S.S. #7 was built in 1870 and was located on the south ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne Public School, S.S. #9
        Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin in Halton County. Pictured here is Mrs. Ruth Brownridge who taught all 8 grades for many years, and her students. The original school, a log building, was built in ...
      Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bob & Ruth Brownridge
        Bob had just retired from delivering mail on R.R. 1. Ruth and Bob married on July 15, 1931. Ruth was a long-time, much loved schoolteacher in Halton County.
      Bob had just retired from delivering mail on R.R. 1. Ruth and ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bob Brownridge Snow Plowing
        Bob did the rural route postal delivery for years. His wife, Ruth, was a well-known schoolteacher in Trafalgar Township, teaching at Coyne, Glenorchy, Omagh and Percy W. Merry public schools. Their farm was on the 4th Line. In 2005, the North Halton Compass (Eden Mills, ON) printed an extensive "Shoebox ...
      Bob did the rural route postal delivery for years. His wife, Ruth, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit