Results

We found
299
matching items
  • 2408 Dundas Street West, 1991 and 2008
        This farmhouse was on Lot 29, Con.1 SDS. It was on the south side of Dundas Street in present day Oakville, on the east Fourteen Mile Creek branch to the east of Palermo. As of 2016, there is a restaurant facing Dundas Street at about the spot. The photograph in ...
      This farmhouse was on Lot 29, Con.1 SDS. It was on the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3004 Dundas Street West, 1990s
        This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), directly north of the Palermo Community Hall. Because Dundas Street was widened several times in the 20th century, (as was ...
      This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1280 Dundas Street West, 1990's
        To view the other 5 photographs in this record, click on "Pages" "Select. The photos were taken for the Town of Oakville in 1990 or 1991. This property was Concession 1, Pt. Lot 23, SDS, on the southwest corner of the Sixteen Mile Creek and Dundas Street West, Oakville, at ...
      To view the other 5 photographs in this record, click on "Pages" ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Denzil and Marion Lawrence with Grandchildren, Lawrendale Farm
        Denzil Featherstone Lawrence and Marion Emily (Miller) Lawrence shown with their grandchildren at "Lawrendale", their family farm at the southeast half of Lot 6 1st Concession New Survey Trafalgar Township (100 acres), also known as 1510 Bronte Street South, Milton. In 1941, Nelson Daniel Lawrence and Mary Margaret Maude Lawrence ...
      Denzil Featherstone Lawrence and Marion Emily (Miller) Lawrence shown with their grandchildren ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 4076 Ninth Line, Oakville, 1980's
        4076 Ninth Line is on the west side of 9th Line, just north of Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville. The area is known as Snider's Corners. Today, it is the home of a Jehovah Witness Kingdom Hall. There are two photographs of the house in this record. To see the other ...
      4076 Ninth Line is on the west side of 9th Line, just ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1476 Ninth Line, Oakville, 1980's
        1476 Ninth Line was likely on Con 2 SDS Lot 6, on the west side of Ninth Line, just south of the Drive In, north of Upper Middle Road East, in "the Parkland" of 2017. This was close to the area of "Sheridan". To view the 2nd photograph in this ...
      1476 Ninth Line was likely on Con 2 SDS Lot 6, on ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1980's
        The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, "4166 Fourth Line" but the current Heritage Planner believes it is more likely 4116 Fourth Line. She knows the house was located at Concession 2 NDS, Part of Lots 21 and 22. This, of course, is in the ...
      The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy Bridge Construction, mid1980's
        Construction of the level bridge crossing of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Glenorchy sometime in the 1980's. This was the second bridge to be built here. It was built on the same abutments as the first, but in 2001, the crossing became a bicycle/pedestrian crossing only as the area is ...
      Construction of the level bridge crossing of the Sixteen Mile Creek at ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Charlie's Chuckwagon Restaurant, late 1980's
        Charlie's Chuckwagon Restaurant and gas bar was located on the north side of Dundas Street near Fourth Line in Oakville. This photograph was taken sometime in the 1980's. The restaurant was on land owned by the Ukrainian community on the east side of the Sixteen Mile Creek. It had been ...
      Charlie's Chuckwagon Restaurant and gas bar was located on the north side ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Denzil Lawrence, Royal LePage Christmas Parade Float
        Denzil (Dad) on one of the Xmas floats for Royal LePage
      Denzil (Dad) on one of the Xmas floats for Royal LePage
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2514 Dundas Street West, 1977 and 1991
        This attractive farmhouse was on Lot 30, Conc. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township - or in today's terms, on the southeast corner facing Dundas Street at Bronte Road (now Old Bronte Road), in the old village of Palermo, now Oakville. According to the 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and ...
      This attractive farmhouse was on Lot 30, Conc. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Petrie House, Formerly at 2401 Lakeshore Road West, Oakville, Ontario
        Petrie House, at the southwest corner Jones & Lakeshore Rd, in Bronte, 1979. Demolished in 1978-79. Under the photograph in this record is a link to another photograph of Petrie House and neighbouring Magnet Inn, taken happier days in 1974. Centriller Public School was across the street. Two people have ...
      Petrie House, at the southwest corner Jones & Lakeshore Rd, in Bronte, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • "Ab has vivid memories of Oakville’s past" written by Wilma Blokhuis, Oakville Beaver, September 17, 1975
        This is the transcript of a newspaper article from the Oakville Beaver, September 17, 1975, written by Wilma Blokhuis. Full text of this newspaper is not online at time of writing this record so no link can be provided; only the transcription. There is no image with this record. In ...
      This is the transcript of a newspaper article from the Oakville Beaver, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 5409 RR #25 (Bronte Road), Richard Henry Proud House
        5409 is on Regional Road 25, now Bronte Road South in Milton. This was the home of Richard Henry Proud and Mary, nee Hignett, and their family. Mary taught at Ash Public School, U.S.S. #17 Trafalgar from 1942-1945. Her own children then were old enough to attend the school so ...
      5409 is on Regional Road 25, now Bronte Road South in Milton. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville
        From December 1971 into 1972, Parks Canada had those area buildings that were identified as 100 or more years old, photographed. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project. From 2018 into 2021, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to ...
      From December 1971 into 1972, Parks Canada had those area buildings that ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2467 Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario
        5 photographs of 2467 Bronte Road, as it was at the time, now 2467 Old Bronte Road in Oakville, Ontario. There is no indication of the date but markings on the back of each photograph show they are from the same roll of film, possibly the 1970's. The last 2 ...
      5 photographs of 2467 Bronte Road, as it was at the time, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo Public School, 1967-1968 Grade 8
        1867 Centennial 1967 ; Palermo Public School Grades 7&8 Room 1
      1867 Centennial 1967 ; Palermo Public School Grades 7&8 Room 1
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo Public School, 1966-1967 Grade 7
        1966-1967 Grade 7 class with teacher, Mr. Ross Wark at Palermo Public School. There was a school in Palermo as early as 1819. It was one of 3 public schools in Trafalgar Twp. The first school building may have been on the same property as the ones built in 1844, ...
      1966-1967 Grade 7 class with teacher, Mr. Ross Wark at Palermo Public ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Percy W. Merry Public School, 1965-1966 Grade 6 and Grade 7
        The combined Grade 6, Grade 7 class of Mr. Ian Foster, 1965-1976. Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1950's to early 1960's, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were closed. Children in the north-east of ...
      The combined Grade 6, Grade 7 class of Mr. Ian Foster, 1965-1976. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Percy W. Merry School, 1964-1965 Grade 5 Class
        The 1964-65 Grade 5 class of Mrs. Fisher, Percy W. Merry Public School, Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1950's to early 1960's, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were ...
      The 1964-65 Grade 5 class of Mrs. Fisher, Percy W. Merry Public ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1840s1840184118421843184418451846184718481849
1850s1850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit